Friday, May 20, 2011

Is It A Car Seat? Is It A Stroller?

As I was walking through the airport yesterday, I was reminded how brilliant really good inventions can be. A car seat that quickly converts into a fully functional stroller tops the list of blockbuster ideas.

If I forget what a genius concept this is, someone inevitabley reminds me. We've been using the "Sit n' Stroll" convertible carseat/stroller for a few years. I don't remember a single time when we used it and somoene didn't inquire where we found such a cool product. The official working at US Customs, tourists at the zoo, even the lady pulling into the parking spot next to me at the supermarket, are some of the many strangers who wanted to know all the details.

We originally purchased this multi-purpose car seat with trips in mind. Minimizing the gear we had to shlep through the airport while still having a car seat and a stroller for the baby was the impetus for this purchase.

The FAA-certified carseat has wheels so, when it's in stroller-mode, it can be pushed through the plane's aisle. And, when it's time for take-off, tuck in the wheels and strap the carseat onto the plane's seat.

Little did I know how convenient this invention would be at home, too. If the baby falls asleep in the car, which happens all the time, instead of waking him to be transfered to the stroller, I lift the car seat up and unlock the wheels so I can continue my errands.

"Never wake a sleeping baby," isn't just my grandmother's motto. With the "Sit n' Stroll," it's become mine, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment