Friday, May 13, 2011

Why I Look Forward to Bedtime



"Mom, will you stay just a few more minutes?"

One minute turns to five, which turns to twenty and before you know it...my evening is gone.

After being "on duty" since 7 AM, I look forward to silent evenings full of sleeping kids and a house so still, I can hear myself think. Giving up coveted after-hours free time to sit with the kids while they fall asleep has always been a struggle. Until I discovered Light Wedge.

This unique reading light is made from a tapered lens that lays flat on the book you are reading. This way, you get the light you need without disturbing those around you. Now, I actually look forward to sitting with the kids at bedtime. Having an uninterrupted opportunity to read--a gift I wouldn't have ordinarily given myself--is something I look forward to every night.

There may be stacks of paperwork on my desk and dirty dishes in the sink, but when it comes to comforting the kids by being present at bedtime, as long as I have my Light Wedge and a good book, I will stay to help them catch some zzz's, and then some.

2 comments:

  1. This can have uses for non-moms - if your roommate or spouse wants to go to sleep and you want to read in bed without disturbing them! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shira -- you've got the right idea! I'm the type who needs pitch darkness to fall asleep. I was inspired to find a product like "Light Wedge," so Avi could read in bed if I wanted to go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete