Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Searching for the Perfect Lunch Box


When it comes to finding the perfect lunchbox for my kids, boy, did I shop until I found the best product on the market: American-style bento boxes for kids at www.laptoplunches.com

What is a bento?

A bento is a compact, balanced, visually appealing meal packed in a reusable box that is made up of small compartments and lids. This earth-friendly system encourages the art of food presentation, portion control, and eliminates the use of Ziploc bags, aluminum foil, and other disposable products.

Laptop Lunches are family-friendly bento boxes designed to help parents pack their kids nutritious, eco-friendly lunches. The lunch boxes include a flat box which opens to reveal four containers that are perfectly sized for kids' lunches.

Despite the hefty price tag ($43.99 each!) -- the Lap Top Lunch system is a quality product that has stood up to, and surpassed, my expectations. My older kids still use the lunch boxes I bought them years ago, which, despite every day use, are still in like-new condition. Last year, I bought my youngest daughter the redesigned version, which we love MORE than the original. The containers are extra-deep and include two lid-covered containers, instead of one.

The Benefits of Bento:

The tray-like feel makes lunch fun. My kids love the built-in compartment that encloses real stainless steel cutlery (included!).

Two containers come with sealable lids that prevent wet foods from leaking onto other foods. A third container is included for sauces, salad dressings, and dips.

The durable plastic containers are microwave safe and BPA-free.

Presenting food in a bento box makes food visually attractive, which encourages kids to eat healthfully. Lunch has never looked so good!

Brown bags are out. Bentos are IN!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so impressed with the product. I bought a Bento box for my kindergartner this school year. It didn't even make it halfway through before the lid didn't close completely. That is, there was a gap on the front corner. It also isn't all that durable because somehow, a piece of the rim of the lid chipped a came off. Considering the price, it wasn't worth the buy. Maybe if it were half as much the cost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had that experience. I don't speak for the company, just as a mom who has purchased three Lap Top lunch box systems. My two oldest have been using their Lap Top Lunch boxes every day for almost three years and they are still in like new condition.

    But, you can't please everyone.

    ReplyDelete